Monday 1 March 2010

Focus on the Reward

I've been thinking

A friend of mine suggested to me that I set myself a reward for completing my monthly goals. This way I'm focussed on hitting the marks regularly. Also it seems that Col.Corbania from Corbania Prime (http://corbaniaprime.blogspot.com/) has done this kind of thing to help him beat smoking (best of luck with that mate if you're reading this). Rather than getting something special every few months I'm setting just the one reward.


Terms of the Reward

1 - My monthly goals must be completed on time.

2 - My monthly budget MUST NOT be exceeded.

3 - I must post more pictures/fluff.


If I can keep this going til December 31st then I will allow myself to add a
to my Essexians. With the money I will save by the end of the year I can easily afford one of these babies and still have spent less ;)
So there it is. Should I be bribing myself like this? I would love to know what your views are, leave a comment telling me what you think.
Until next time,
~Pettsy~

3 comments:

  1. Cheers matey, I'm doing well.

    On the rewards thing, I'd suggest that if this is going to be going on over the rest of the year, then build in a bit a leeway. You don't want one iffy month early on to put you off the whole thing. Perhaps give yourself a couple of lives so to speak, just for when life gets in the when of our hobbies.

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would 2 months (small reward), 6 months (medium reward) and finally 10 months (Macharius) be a better idea? Been thinking 2 months could be a Kasrkin box, 6 months a FW Hellhound and finish up with the Macharius.
    ~Pettsy~

    ReplyDelete