Monday 19 April 2010

Project: Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard - Accessories

Afternoon y'all,

So it's about time I discussed my first real 'major' project. I want to convert a model for Corax to use with my Pre-Heresy Raven Guard force. Why do I want to do this? Because Primarchs are cool and I want an awesome centerpiece for the army. This project will also be a way to improve my greenstuffing and modelling skills (the GS in particular needs work).

So where to begin? You should NEVER just blindly throw yourself into any project unless you want it to end a disaster. Even if you just have a mental image of what you want to do its a start. Me however because my mind wanders so easily . . . "oooh look a pretty flower" NO! BAD PETTSY! FOCUS! I decided to make some scribbles and as you can see my drawing skills are as bad as my greenstuff skills.


Here we have a potential design for Corax's weapons and powerpack. I like the sword especially though the hilt could be difficult to produce. Everything is a real rough draft at this point but I can already see some things I want to change. Namely; the sword should be longer and the powerpack needs a serious redesign but its a start. Will be back in a short time with updated designs.

Wish me luck,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment