Tuesday 3 March 2009

The Sons of Dorn march forth

Hey again,

I haven't been able to play a game for the past 8months now, I still dunno how I've survived this time, because I haven't seen my regular opponent (only one I have nowadays). Despite my early annoyances this time away from the battlefield has given me the opportunity to see why I love this hobby so much. It's also given me the chance to take stock of each army and where it can be expanded. Now my local store (Lakeside, Thurrock) usually run 40k nights on Tuesday and Thursday but because of work I have been unable to take part. So I got thinking, which of my armies could I expand and in what way so that I can take a small force to work with me.

Criteria:
-Must be all infantry
-Must be all plastic (except maybe my HQ)

So looking at the options available I decided to return to my Imperial Fists as I already have a sizable force already. With a few additions I can quickly hit the battlefield again.

The List
Now writing a decent army list has always been a struggle for me. So I decided to enlist some assistance from my experienced gamer friend Vincent (if your reading this, cheers matey). And this is what we came up with.

Captain 115pts
with powersword and bolt pistol.

Tactical Squad 190pts
with flamer and lascannon. Sergeant carries a combi-flamer.
Tactical Squad 190pts
with flamer and lascannon. Sergeant carries a combi-flamer.
Tactical Squad 175pts
with meltagun and multimelta.
Tacitcal Squad 175pts
with meltagun and multimelta.

Devastator Squad 150pts
with 4 missile launchers.
Total: 995pts

That gives me 46 bodies, 8 scoring units, 6 kill points and looks like it can take on pretty much anything thrown at me. Now all I need is 15 more tactical marines, 2 flamers and a multimelta. Hopefully I'll get some pics of my current stuff soon.

Take care,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment