Saturday 19 December 2009

"Dusting Off"

Hey,

Well it was a semi-productive day yesterday. I got half of the Dark Elves based, but still have to assemble the final half of 20 Spearmen. Would have liked to have based everything but I hate basing ;) I've Red Gored the armour and standard for my Essexian Command Squad, should be finished by the end of the year (fingers crossed).

Oh yea and I've finished the Valkyrie! *cue cheering* This beast has been in my posession since 9th May. You are correct it has taken over 8 months to paint. But finally my baby is done. Check it out:

ValkDone(Blog)
ValkDone2(Blog)
ValkDone3(Blog)
ValkDone4(Blog)

Did I mention that I want to change the weapon loadout? With the rapidly approaching Tyranid swarms I feel that Rocket Pods may be a better option for the Valk. I may remove the Hellstrikes.

A Problem
I know what you're thinking "Damn Pettsy is that all you did in a day?" Why no it wasn't is my reply. I attempted to finish assembling the Hydra for my Dark Elves and I ended up giving up before I threw it at a wall. Now this is a first for me, never before has a model defeated me (must be the stubborness of Rogal Dorn within me). I'm struggling to understand the reasoning for releasing the Hydra as a metal model NOT a plastic one. This gorgeous beastie stands on 3 legs and weighs an absolute tonne, this unfortunately makes it tend to fall to the side. I've tried superglue, greenstuff and a mixture of the two but to no avail. Therefore in the new year I'm gonna have to take the wee beastie to GW London and get him seen to, which will mean me having to fork out for a drill :( Still got no clue why I bought that model, wouldn't have had this issue with 4 bolt throwers ;)

So until next time,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment