Tuesday 29 December 2009

Swag and Test

Hey,

Well another christmas has been and gone. Family have visited and returned to their homes (disappointing that we only get to meet up together once a year). And one of my armies has received some much needed reinforcing.

Swag (Warhammer)
This year it was my Battle Sisters that got the shiney new toys. I received:
  • 1 Sisters Exorcist (Organ tank)
  • 1 Sister Superior with bolt pistol
  • 2 Sisters with meltaguns
  • 1 Sister with flamer
  • 3 Battle Sisters

The Exorcist allows me to field my 1,000pt list. The tank is gorgeous but looks to be a pain to assemble (thats not to mention the weight of the thing) I may have to invest in a pin drill before I begin construction.

I can also field an 8 girl unit of Dominions armed with 4 flamers. This should help me against the surge in Tyranids we can all expect to encounter over the next few months.

Swag (Non-Warhammer)

  • Halo ODST
  • Gears of War 2 (both for the Xbox 360 that I dont yet own)
  • Michael McIntyre Live at Wembley
  • Two and a Half Men dvds (Seasons 3-5)
  • Inglorious Basterds
  • Leather Wallet
  • HMV vouchers

So all in all its been a good haul this year :)

Updating the Fists

I've never really been over the moon with my Imperial Fists. There is no depth or highlighting on any of the models and I feel they deserve more. So a few nights back I decided to experiment on my Sternguard Sergeant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So far I'm happy with this test. With the next Sternguard I want to try a Ogryn Flesh wash for the shading rather than Devlan Mud. We'll see how that comes out :)

Until next time,

~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment