Thursday 19 February 2009

Progress, Pics and Purchases

Afternoon,

Progress Update
Another quick progress update. I've just basecoated most of the metallic parts of the Chimera (Multilaser, Lasguns, Comm Gear and Hatches). Once the rest are coated I'll be applying a Black Ink wash (whilst trying not to get any on the red :)) before drybrushing them with Chainmail. After that I need to paint on the details like the freehand sabres (see the shield in the banner up top) and the tank will be completed.

Progress Pictures
Well I've promised you these since last thursday (again I apologise for my tardiness) but they are here at last! Please excuse my lack of photography skills but that can't be helped (I'm an Engineer not a Photographer! :)) They don't look too bad though.

Photobucket
Everything I had at that time last week (since then I've added a Commissar).

Photobucket
Everything assembled (except the Chimera which was sitting on my paint station drying).

Photobucket
Close up of the assembled Leman Russ.

Photobucket
Groupshot of my Conscripts.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Conscript units.

Photobucket
Undercoated Chimera.

Photobucket
Armour completed (Side)

Photobucket
Armour completed (Front)

Photobucket
Armour completed (Rear)

Future Purchases
With the financial crisis currently gripping this country by the crotch I've decided to try (I say try because knowing me I'll fail miserably at this) and cut down on my monthly Warhammer Spending. Therefore I've decided to set myself a few rules regarding purchases. They are:
-£100 limit. I can't spend a penny more unless I complete the remaining rules.
-Everything purchased in the month before must be completed before the next month comes round. If I don't get everything finished I get my remaining limit halved.
-Any money left over from the previous month can be added to the limit of the next month.

So there they are. I'm gonna try to keep to them, but I'm not holding my breath ;)

Painting Goal for this month (Finishes final Friday of March)
-Chimera = Finished
-Leman Russ = Red armour finished
-Conscripts = Finished
-Commissar = Greatcoat finished
-Infantry Platoons = Clothing finished

Well until next time,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment