Tuesday 17 February 2009

Seeing Red

Hey,

Small progress report for you today (and another promise to get those pictures up). The red coat on the Chimera is pretty much done. I have to say I'm really happy with the result for once. I've never really used the Painting Masterclasses from White Dwarf, until now. Up to that point I had been using quite a lot of watered down paint to try and get a smooth coat, but all I ended up with was a blotchy result. Following the Masterclass I tried using hardly any paint on the brush and building it up in layers. And wow what a result! The blotches are gone and the colour looks uniform now. I can still improve on it though, so hopefully the more tanks I paint up the better the overall result. The edge highlighting however didn't come out to well, I may need to follow another tip from the Masterclass and purchase a Large Flatbrush.

I promise you the pics will be up at some point this week (Yes Kim I mean it this time:))

Take care,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment