Friday 4 March 2011

Badab Campaign: Oh You've Got To Be Kidding Me!


So I went into GW Thurrock (Lakeside) this evening to pick up a Venerable Dreadnought and to find out if there is an official colour scheme for the Star Phantoms.



And boy was I in for a shock:
(NOTE: Largest image I could find, but not very good).
Yep the Star Phantoms are a pure white armoured army.
Never tried to paint white power armour and I wasn't too sure how to approach it.
Thinking about it I've got 1 thing going for me, it isn't a bright, virbrant white. The Star Phantoms are more of a dirty, dull white so that should make it slightly easier. (NOTE: By the end of the weekend I'm really gonna regret that sentence).
So I'm going to go with:
-Skull White undercoat
-Dheneb Stone basecoat
-Devlan Mud wash (heavily watered down)
-Skull White overbrush
Gonna smash out a test model tonight and see how it goes. Otherwise I've got a big problem.
Until next time,
~Pettsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment